Sally Schwartz, the Chicago Vintage Market Pioneer, is overly ecstatic to celebrate Randolph Street Market’s 15th year! Home of the Chicago Antique Market, Randolph Street Market brings art and antique aficionados the best shopping market in Chicago all year long, one weekend each month!
Over 125 vendors sell during the months of January-April and October-December. The summer season, May-September, boasts 300+ vendors inside of the Plumbers Hall Union building. The three floors and the whole attached parking lot is busting at the seams with fabulous vintage and handmade, furniture, art, architectural pieces, indie designer, food, market bars, live bands each day, kids activities and the list goes on. Randolph Street Market is a place you go to find unique items to personalize your home and living space, your style, your tastes and senses. It is a place to shop local to support small businesses. These dealers, sellers, and makers take the hunting process out of your schedule to set up well thought out, curated booths and they travel from the Midwest and beyond. Chicago locals, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas, Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio are all represented. Each market has long-time vendors as well as new vendors every month!
Featured antique dealers from May-September include antique dealers such as: Bryan Russell of Atomic Fox Modern with his visually stimulating period pieces; Jodi Richter of SHINE has been featured in House Beautiful and brings fabulous top designer furnishings from Milo Baughman, Homecrest, Jens Rison and James Mont plus stunning industrial garden pieces; Jason Kersh of Salvage3 features industrial furniture and accessories. From harvest to coffee tables to 6 pack beer holders and growler holders. Robin Sweeney of Cosmic Girl Goes Home will delight with Vintage home decor in line w today’s current design trends from boho chic, Mid Century Modern, farmhouse, and salvaged finds. Mike’s Classic Bikes is a huge RSM favorite with his restored (to mint condition!) vintage Schwinn bikes equipped with baskets and bells. Flower Child Vintage from Cleveland, Ohio and Beads by Sandy of Ft. Worth, Texas will both be taking trips in to sell at our biggest event of the year! Check them out along with the aisles and aisles of indoor and outdoor vendors!
Fashionistas will love the unique vintage fashion as well as jewelry and accessories from the likes of famed costume jewelry dealer D. Brett Benson and other top vintage fashion sellers like Lulu’s with the best selection of vintage Coach, Gucci, furs and more; Diane Landry’s fun modern swing style, think cowboy boots and biker jackets; J&M Vintage offer pristine designer picks from estates in Grosse Pointe, Michigan.
Foodies will go wild for the rambling variety of tastings, from Chicago local eateries: beef sandwiches, a Belgian French fry truck, farm to table salads, pizza, tacos, gyros, poke bowls, gourmet chocolates, ice cream, and fudge donuts from Montreal!
Don’t miss the following new and exciting elements for the 15th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATORY YEAR: 2018 MAY THROUGH SEPTEMBER MARKETS:
- VIP & FANFARE CELEBRATION OPENER! Market opens for (Invite Only) VIP Garden Party and early buyer entrance for the public at 8AM Saturday May 26th – gates open to general public at 10AM.
- BANDS & JAM SESSIONS ALL WEEKEND – Shop & bop to 80’s theme bands, classical strings, bluegrass duo’s, blues quartets, and every Sunday morning enjoy swinging Jazz quintet with sensational female vocalist – if you love music, every hour at RSM is a musical moment.
- 70’S DISCO DANCE PARTY WITH DJ JONES down in the Shade Shack all weekend and go back in time with a market-wide Disco dance party at noon Saturday with DJ D. Jones!
- KIDS FUNFAIR & PIRATE ARCADE! NEW! Bring your kids for a day of Pirate themed carnival games and petting zoo! While you treasure hunt, pick up a Treasure Map and activity sheet at the front gate and enjoy a day of exploration at RSM. Hand in the completed sheet at the Pirate Arcade and let your child pick a prize from the treasure chest, as well as take home a goody bag filled with bubbles, crayons and more! ALSO, large scale kids’ floral art installation takes shape all weekend, for charity.
- VINYL DEPOT! Thousands of collectible records from 45’s to LP’s, jazz to rock and show tunes galore will make you tap your toes and groove down memory lane.
- FANCY FOOD MARKET! All types of chocolates, candies, cakes, breads, spices, olive oils, salsa and sauces to bring home or enjoy during the event.
- GLOBAL GOODS BAZAAR! Find Fair Trade crafts and artisan goods representative of Chicago’s ethnic neighborhoods as well as countries like Africa and South America.
- THIS IS A PET FRIENDLY EVENT (only in the outdoor portions of the market – dogs cannot be brought inside the building) – bring Fido to the Pet Portrait Studio by Project Onward outside in the lot -bring your pooch or their photo and get a fabulous handmade piece of art!
- MAY-SEPTEMBER: GETTING TO THE MARKET IS EASY – WATER TOWER TROLLEY, CTA, VALET PARK OR WALK! Get easy access to the Market with the Market Trolley departing round trip from the Water Tower every hour 11AM-4PM at the 1340 W Washington Blvd gate.
- COMPLIMENTARY FURNITURE DELIVERY* within Fulton Market – delivery available for reasonable fee to surrounding Chicago area and beyond!
- RESTORE & PROTECT YOUR HEIRLOOMS AND NEW MARKET PURCHASES!
These onsite services available May-September through various vendors: • Appraisal Service • Onsite Furniture Delivery Service • Furniture Restoration Service • Art Restoration Service • Lamp & Lighting Repair Service
January 27th + 28th: (indoor only event)
February 24th + 25th: (indoor only event)
March 24th + 25th: (indoor only event)
April 28th + 29th: (indoor only event)
May 26th + 27th: GARDEN PARTY SUMMER SEASON OPENER!
June 23th + 24th: SUMMER SEASON, RED, WHITE + COOL
July 28th + 29th: SUMMER SEASON, TROPICAL PUNCH
August 25th + 26th: SUMMER SEASON, BACK-TO-COOL
September 29th + 30th: SUMMER SEASON CLOSER, CHOICE FOR CHARITY
October 27th + 28th: (indoor only event)
November 17th + 18th: (indoor only event)
December 15th + 16th: (indoor only event)
-Saturday: 10am-5pm *with 8am-10am (early buying May-Sept only)
-Sunday: 10am to 5pm
WHERE: Beaux Arts Plumber’s Hall, 1340 W. Washington Blvd, Chicago
PRICE: General admission $10, students with ID $5 at the gate. Children 12 and under free.
The Randolph Street Market Festival, home of the world famous Chicago Antique Market, is an internationally recognized European-style indoor and outdoor shopping extravaganza in Chicago’s historic West Loop. The Market, aptly dubbed “the Barneys of vintage” is a huge celebration of fashion, home design, antiques, artwork, music, food and great people watching!
From May-September, 300, and October-April, 125 select purveyors of high quality, value-priced “finds” sell at this destination for treasure hunters, fashionistas, designers, Hollywood set decorators and people who want to see and be seen. Voted as Time Out Chicago’s “Best Market” in 2013, and featured in Travel & Leisure, the NY Times, Lucky Magazine, UK’s Guardian and more, the Randolph Street Market Festival is considered “a mecca of cool people”, “the best hot spot for antiquing”, “the best Chicago venue for people watching”, and “the Barney’s of Vintage.” Celebrity designer Nate Berkus says, “I love this market…the quality is incredible!”